Friday 15 March 2013

Colour My World Poem

This morning we have started creating "Colour My World Poems."
Here is the one we wrote as a class. You may be surprised but the ideas came from the children with a little bit of help from me. Prepare yourself to be blown away.

Red

Red is like a flaming hot fire,
chillis burning up in my mouth,
or a beautiful rose in the cultural gardens.

Red sounds like fireworks popping like a balloon in the sky,
an impatient fire truck, weeooo weeooo weeeooo,
Lava, violently bubbling out of the angry volcano.

Red tastes like the sweetness of a cherry melting on my tongue,
my teeth crunching in to a juicy apple,
a tomato exploding in my mouth.

Red feels like the soft piece of clothing sliding over my skin,
a squishy velvet cake like Spongebob trapped in my mouth,
blood as bold as food colouring dripping from my stubbed toe.

The colour red makes me feel strong inside.

8 comments:

  1. Great poem Room 8 !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Room 8 that is an awesome poem you have created! What a great team effort. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs Taylor and Mrs Stephens,

    Thank you for your comments and looking at our blog.
    You are blog-tastic!

    From Room 8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work Room 8! Mel Ruffell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Room 8, I love this poem about my favourite colour, it is very descriptive - well done!!
    Christelle Vickers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Work Room 8. Your ideas are very creative.
    Keep up the great work!!! Mia Warrick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Work on Your very Creative and Imaginative Poem Room 8.
    Keep Up the Great Work!!! Mia Warrick

    ReplyDelete
  8. we like how you used chillis burning up in my mouth but you might need to add a few more wow words
    like hot chillis .Jesse and Amelia Room24

    ReplyDelete